Monday, September 11, 2006

West Ham draw with the Villa scum

West Ham 1 - 1 Villa

After going 1 down after 4 minutes (Ridgewell), West Ham had a shocking first half. NRC kept giving the ball away, Mullins was just pony, and it wasn't happening at all. Villascum did play well, and we just couldn't break up their defence. Zamora was looking good, and Bowyer was trying his best but we just kept getting shut out.
I couldn't believe it when their keeper knocked the ball straight onto the path of Harewood from about 5 metres out - and then Marlon fluffed it! From my angle (East Upper Centenary end) it looked like a shocking miss but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - until I saw it on MOTD and realised it WAS a shocking miss!
Kudos to Tyrone for his quality goalline save, and also to Pardew for his half time team talk, cos we were a different side when we came out again. Zamora was excellent and got the equaliser, while Tevez came on with 29 minutes to go, and I thought he was looking excellent. He had a few really good runs around the box and was passing into space for the Z-man to run on.
Overall, I reckon 1-1 was a fair result for the game. We were crap in the first half and didn't deserve any points, but int he second we defintiely thought back and desrved the draw. It was a game of two halves, I'm not over the moon, nor am I sick as a parrot. But I do hate Villa! (Omiyimni....)

Good comments from Pardew in this interview - shows he has exactly the same desires as any true West Ham fan.

Come on U IRONS!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger