Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My blog of everyday life

The National Trust is encouraging people to record a diary of their day on a website, as part of what is being called "Britain's biggest blog" (BBC). Today, Tuesday 17th October 2006, has been chosen as an ordinary day with no particular outstanding quality, to become a future-history project!

The idea is that the bloggers will write about the more mundane things in life, like how they got to work, what they eat etc., and this will be stored in an archive and looked at in hundreds of years. I'd love to contribute to this so I will! Here is my entry that I'll modify throughout the day and upload before I go to sleep tonight:

My first alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, so I reached down to it (it was on the floor for some reason!) and hit the snooze button. Now the snooze button has been broken for about three months, but I still try it every day! Funnily enough, today was the same as every other day, and it did bugger all! Anyway I turned the thing off and dozed again until 7:30 when the alarm on my mobile went off. I turned my TV on and listened to Friends while I woke up (my eyes were still shut so I couldn't watch!).

Went downstairs at 8, said bye to my housemate and jumped in the shower. Freezing my tits off until I got used to it. Played with the shower radio, trying to get some pirates but they kept losing signal.

Ironed my shirt, had a little chat with my mate who'd stayed round (he'd been to see the GooGoo Dolls last night in Sheppards Bush with my housemate) , listened to some MP3s on my PC while getting ready, and left at half eight.

I walked to Harringay station and got the train to Moorgate, reading the Metro on the way. Got to Moorgate and walked to london Wall McDonalds, ordered my usual Sausage and Egg McMuffin and Coke and wiped the dirty Metro newspaper print off my fingers!

After my tasty breakfast (just so you know, in 2006 McDonalds is the DON of unhealthy tasty food!!) walked up Moorgate to work, came in, checked my emails, checked West ham message board, and checked BBC News, where I saw the article about this Blog Diary thing!


More to come....

Edit
Just realised the above post is gonna bore the hell out of everyone who reads it! SO I've just done a cut-down version and submitted it, here it is:
Got woken up by my alarm at 6:30, hit snooze even tho I know the button's broken, so I turned the thing off. I hate the sound of my alarm with a passion. It is always a massive shock to the system to realise it's a new day!Watched Friends whilst waking up (watched may be the wrong word cos my eyes were still shut!), then finally jumped in the shower at 8. I listened to some MP3s on my PC while getting ready, then ran for the train to Moorgate, where I work!
Got to Moorgate with grubby hands from the nespaper print of the Metro, walked to McDonalds (in 2006 MCDs is known as the tastiest food in the world!) and got myself some breakfast. Sat down at my desk and checked the usual:EmailWest Ham sitesMy BlogBBC Newsso basically I slacked for an hour on the Internet before starting any work!For the rest of the day I'll be working (IT Support for a large bank), playing footy in a Power League at lunchtime, then I've gotta do overtime tonight til 8. This happens to be one of the most boring days of my life, normally it's fun-packed, but hey I gotta be honest and I gotta earn the dollar!!Might go for a drink after work if anyone else is still around, otherwise it'll be home, chill, with nothing to say about the day other than I earned some mulah! But my life is random, that could all change at the drop of a hat!p.s. Hello Ancestors, how u doin?!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger